Tuesday 22 April 2008

Voice Drafting

You cannot animate much unless the voices are done and recorded. 7 video files, 51mb or 4 hours of messing about with our voices, to try and get the right type of voices for the pigeons. Turns out it was not easy as we thought it was and my screenplay writer lost track of time in doing so. Guess it was us auditioning ourselves for our 3D short.

We used "gtk-recordMyDesktop" which basically is a desktop recorder that also captured microphone input also. So I set the environment to show our script draft to help see what were meant to say. You can install this on almost any Linux distribution, I used Ubuntu.

We must have went through a fair few of characteristic voices. We used the Internet to quickly find some voice examples from popular sitcoms and we would listen to that for around 2minutes. Then we try to replicate it but saying it from your script draft.

Makes me wonder if I should call in on a couple of my theatre and singer friends to do the voice acting. By the way, it was fun ^^.


No comments: