Wednesday 23 April 2008

I'm a Digital Frankenstien

Connecting two meshes together muahahaha!. Fun stuff alright.

I done my body with a crap head on it


I then remodeled the head on a basic mesh body.


Thanks to the IRC Freenode channel "Blenderchat", they helped me learn this great trick.
  1. Append either one of the files to have both objects.
  2. Remove or apply any "Mirror" modifiers, so you see meshes in half.
  3. Make sure they are roughly aligned and scaled to proporation.
  4. Press "CTRL+J" to make them as one object, yet they are still spaced out.
Lets Digitally Stitch out newly formed mesh that seems to have a body and head floating.
  1. Select each vertice pair from body neck and head.
  2. Subdivide any edges to help match the vertices count on the head and body. I only had to subdivide twice on the body.
  3. Merge each vertice pair together (Body and head)

It looks like my mesh is having the splits! Lets fix that by
  1. Apply your mirror modifier, make sure "Do clipping" is enabled
  2. Zoom in each of the vertices that are having the splits
  3. Grab those vertices and slide it till the body joins

And it should look something like this :P

No comments: